Tangy Plum Sauce
Recipe courtesy of recipezaar.com
- 1 3/4 lbs plums, washed and pitted, finely chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup raisins, washed (I like to use golden raisins)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- Use food processor for chopping plums and onions separately, if you have one.
- Place plums, sugar, vinegar and salt in a non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 40-45 minutes, or until thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of the top of the jar. Wipe jar edges with clean cloth and seal with heated lids.
Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.