Lusty Plum Cherry Jam
Recipe courtesy of recipezaar.com
- 5 lbs black cherries
- 10 black plums (5 ripe, 5 not quite ripe)
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons red wine (i like a shiraz)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Pit all the fruit (plan a couple of hours or enlist friends/family in helping!) into a non reactive bowl, along with the salt, sugar, rosewater, spices and wine.
- Let sit overnight.
- Simmer the mixture for 40 minutes, skimming the foam off the top.
- Spoon into jars, this made 7 pints for me.
Steam process for 10 minutes.